I usually go to the grocery store on Saturdays. I made my list. Got Nash settled and went to the store. Normally, I shop at Neighborhood Walmart because it is small, convenient, people are friendly, and I just like it. Today I had to run to Kroger because I needed to get stuff to make "white trash" for Chris. It is something I make every year. He has been wanting it and complained because last year I did not make it. I don't doubt it because it has been hard to find all the ingredients at my favorite Neighborhood Walmart. They usually have all but the white almond bark. So I thought I would to go to Kroger to see if Kroger had it and then go to Walmart. I am a creature of habit. I like things to be simple and routine and organized. I got to Kroger and thought "this is stupid I may as well buy all my groceries here since I am here anyways". I truly felt like I was cheating on my favorite grocery store. It felt uncomfortable and too big but then I started liking it. I thought man this place has tons more the the neighborhood store does (even though I got the same stuff I always get). I did get the almond bark along with the rest of my groceries. Then, I could not find the baking m & m's. I was furious. I still had to go to Walmart for those! So, I sucked it up and went to Walmart. Low and behold they did not have the m & m's either but did have the white almond bark (the thing they hadn't had all this time). I decided I would just get regular m&m's and try it but I had to do it because Chris really wanted it. As I am typing this I know this sounds really trivial but it upset me so bad. I think because I already decided to go outside of my routine and shop at Kroger and then still had to go to Walmart, and then still did not get all that I needed, AND Walmart had the thing they hadn't had before but not the m&m's. I really was highly stressed and frustrated. I called Chris to tell him I was on my way home, see what he wanted for lunch, and the whole fiasco. The phone rang and Nash answered. He makes a sound like he is saying "hi, hi, hi". So I start talking and he is talking back and laughing at me. It destressed me so much. He sounded like a big boy talking in the phone. He just laughed and talked and was grabbing at the phone. He is such a momma's boy and I love it!!! He totally made me feel so much better.
(by the way the "white trash" turned out really good according to Chris)
No comments:
Post a Comment