Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Exercising
My relationship with exercising has been off and on. Probably started in the 7th grade when I played basketball. The coach made us run a lot. I hated it at first but then got to where I enjoyed it. It was a challenge. I started having more energy and probably was more fit than I have ever been. I exercised on and off through high school. When I got college I ran/walked some and did water aerobics, and work out tapes. When Chris and I got married. I joined the rec center and did Yoga because friend of mine was teaching the class. I loved it. Then I got into really working out. I would run and do weights for my arms, legs, and stomach. I never thought I had an awesome body or anything it just felt better. I had more energy and felt stronger. When I got pregnant, I walked some but finally gave up because frankly I did not feel like it. Then just walking, I felt like I was dying because I had all the weight on me. So when I was home with Nash some I walked on my treadmill and walked outside some but nothing very consistent. I have been wanting to get back into it. I have a perfectly good treadmill at home. I have tons of excuses not to. I only have the morning and at night. There is no way I am getting up earlier than have to to exercise. So, I thought I could at least walk some when Nash goes to sleep. Last night I did and it did feel good. I like when I can feel it in my legs like I have done something. I also helps me reduce stress. So, I hope to get back in the habit of exercising. What tends to happen to me is I will miss a day or two and then totally stop. My goal is to do it three to four days a week (at least). I am writing about this because I feel like if I do I will be more motivated to continue. I have been at my pre-pregnancy weight for a while. However, things aren't as tight as they used to be. Mainly my stomach. I have never had rock hard abs but it has been better. I have been told that as long as I am breast feeding I will probably hang on the the extra fat (gross). It's natures way of making sure you don't starve your baby. As long as I can get that better by bathing suit season I will be happy. For now, I just want to have more energy and feel better. So, that is the motive for the exercise. We'll see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment