First of all, let me say that going to the doctor is quite an experience. This was our first time on the "sick" side and it really freaked me out. You have all these sick toddlers and young kids running around sneezing, coughing, and all playing with the toys probably passing TONS of germs. I felt compelled to wash my hands and not let Nash touch anything. The wait was long. I'm sure there is a lot of sickness going around. Our doctor is always super busy and full but I really like her a lot so I think it is worth it. Nash still had 100.2 fever. They proceded with the well check all but the shots because he had fever. He weighs 17lbs and 11oz. He grew an inch. His growth and development are good as usual. He does have a stomach virus. The doctor said the best thing to do is continuing breast feeding whenever he wants to, perferably more frequent and less amount of time. When he can go without vomiting 12 hours then he can have solids. He has only vomitted the one time but she said he probably will again. She said it should pass in 24 to 72 hours. He also needs to have at least one wet diaper in 8 hours. He's already had a couple this morning and tends to pee a lot. The amazing thing to me was that my breast milk makes antibodies for what he has. How does this happen? How does my body know what he needs? Pretty amazing. I think it's a God thing. That is the only way I could explain it. God gave us the ability to provide what we need for our kids. I was getting a little frustrated still breast feeding because I did not see an end in sight but now I am pumped back up on the idea after I realize how good it is for him. So, I will probably continue through the cold and flu season. I told her about him scarfing his food down. She said he can have the stage 2 food now and at 7 months he can start the stage 3. Each stage apparently just has more in it and is thicker. Right now he is still on 1's so we will use those up and then start the others.
Also, Chris is home sick. He has sinusitis but then his stomach started bothering him. It will be a miracle if I come out of this and not get sick. I plan on washing my hands A LOT! Hope everyone stays well. Apparently there is a lot of nasty stuff going around.
No comments:
Post a Comment