Monday, December 15, 2008
Got a lot on the brain today
One, I think I'm a blogaholic. I can't believe how much I posted this month already. Two, It's freezing today and I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow. I got a lot I could get done. Three, Christmas is next week. I usually have everything done but you know there are always those last minute things and it is very anxiety producing for me. I like to be organized and have everything done. I have mixed emotions about Christmas. I am glad to have Nash this year and that in itself is the only present I need or want. I get a little frustrated in all the gift giving and obligations. It feels like too much pressure and not really for the right reasons. This is just the social worker in me but I know my son will get more than he will ever need and I feel so sorry for those kids who do without. It's not about gifts at all but it seems like that's what it gets made into. I just wish there was not so much hype around the gift giving part and since there is I wish that people who are less fortunate, especially children, have something to open Christmas day. A lot of people are hurting financially more than they have in a long time and it makes me sad to think about what some people are going through when I have been so fortunate. Four, I have lately really enjoyed our family time. Last night Chris and I just played with Nash on the floor with his toys and had a good time. I love seeing Chris with Nash. He does this new thing where he whispers in his ear. Nash just smiles real big and after he is done Chris backs off and Nash starts leaning into him to get him to do it again. It is so cute. I love it when my husband is home more and now that we have Nash we can spend family time together. It is my favorite thing to do at the moment. Five, I can't stand cigarette smoke. I hate that people who smoke don't really smell it but people that don't smoke have to get it on their clothes and everything else. It makes my nose stopped up and makes me sneeze and I really hate it if anything of Nash's smells like smoke. Just a huge pet peeve of mine and hard one to address with those that smoke. There I guess that was it. I feel somewhat better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I could tell stories about times when I've had a run in with a smoker that I don't particularly care for. I'm typically very blunt in those situations. I have had asthma and allergies for as long as I can remember, so I don't hold anything back, if someone was forcing me to drink acid, I'd be pretty rude....the only difference is they are causing me to breathe it in instead of drink it.
The weird thing about it was the house that we went to did not allow smoking inside but they went down to the basement to smoke. There is a door that opens to the living room and it would get left open. What is also irritating is a person who smokes in their house doesn't realize that just because they aren't smoking at the moment doesn't mean you can't smell the smoke. It soaks up into everything. I really think they can't smell it because they are used to it. There I go again. I am glad that someone hates it as much as I do.
I hate cigarette smoke too! What really gets me is people who smoke camping out at the entrance to a building, so even though they aren't smoking inside you still have to walk through this huge cloud of smoke in order to get inside. YUCK!!!
Post a Comment