Monday, January 19, 2009

Teething like a Rock Star


I think Nashed Potaters (trying it out kat) may be teething. It would explain some of the things Nashers has been doing lately. The fussiness with sleep, coughing (which I just found out was a sign of teething because the extra saliva goes down their throat), chewing on things, drooling, liking cold water from his sippy cup, chewing on the sippy cup, and he loves his teething rings. I have read online about it but if you have any tips they are welcome. I am going to try the gripe water tonight. I got it out ready to go. From what I read every baby is different but I have tons of questions like do they just pop up one day or does it take a while? I've read that the front bottom ones are usually first to come in. When do you use the oragel? or should you? Right now we are chewing on teething rings and going to try gripe water tonight. By the way it feels really weird to nurse after the little guy has been chewing on an ice cold teething ring. How cute would he look with a little toophie popping out of the bottom? Pretty adorable I would imagine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel for you, gal! I hate to say it, but it's kind of reassuring to know that you (and my other already mom girlfriends) will be a total pro with a lot of this stuff by the time I'm dealing with a wailing babe...I hope everything works out with the teething. I've seen people give their babies cold, wet washcloths to suck on--don't know how well it works, but it's an idea.

katandkarl said...

oh nashers! nater is right behind you. we have also been teething ringing it. it seems like just when they get in a semi-predictible pattern, IT CHANGES!! right?

Big Fan of Trace,Gracie, and Nash said...

If he seems to be a bit fussier than normal,running a low grade temp, or suddenly begins having some diarrea. You could go ahead and use some oragel.The most painful part is the tooth trying to come through the gum. By the time it breaks through and you see it,he's already through the most painful part. Its against the rules for our "little man" to hurt.
Love ya, Mom
(Grandma)