Monday, January 26, 2009

The News

Have you watched the News lately? Depressing. All that is on there is how many people are without jobs due to jobs closing. Then there are all the commercials on tv about different pretty big companies going out of business. It's sad. It is bad enough that hard working people of all different income brackets are losing there jobs and families are hurting. What makes it worse is they talked about this one big business too wealthy man who got this new position (sorry don't have specifics but you get the idea). He did not like how his office was decorated so he redecorated his office at the company's expense. Grand total over a million dollars!!! How is that possible? I guess when you spend over a thousand dollars on a trash can and I think over 80 grand on a rug, it can add up!!! I just can't get over that. I feel bad when I spend too much (which to most people isn't anything because I don't spend much at all) or feel bad if I have more of something than I need. I think someone else could use this and I tend to give it away. So, I can't fathum the thought of spending over a million dollars redecorating an office. I guess the good news about all the bad news is they are finding all these super rich people who are doing these crazy things they probably have been doing forever and getting away with it and holding their feet to the fire. If anything good comes out of the mess we are in I hope part of it is these "big shots" who have been taking advantage of their power and making us little people pay for it will be held accountable. Sorry to be Debbie Downer!
Now, I will be Positive Patty on the news. Looks like wintery weather, which could in turn could mean a snow day! Yeah! This means staying in PJ's, playing with Nash, watching some movies, drinking some hot chocolate, you know fun stuff! (got my fingers crossed!)

1 comment:

Big Fan of Trace,Gracie, and Nash said...

I wonder if these people are trying to fill a void in their life that only Christ can fill."Always changing and nothing ever being enough to satisfy their desires".
I have been very productive on Nash's rug tonight. I just quit after thinking " maybe the ice and snow will skip us and I'll get to keep our little man tomorrow so I better get to bed (just in case). Give little Nash a kiss for me and tell him I love him bunches!!!