One of my pet peeves is when someone is a "know it all" or comes across like they are superior to others. We each have our own areas where we might know more about something than the average Joe does. I realize that people are passionate about certain issues. I know I do not know every thing even in the areas that I am knowledgeable about but people who "correct" others when it is not necessary irritate me. I think there is a way to do it, IF correction is needed, that is not rude or condescending. No one likes to be made to feel stupid. But just to be correcting people to let their knowledge be known is not cool to me. It belittles others and is totally not necessary. I do like learning from other who know more than me in a lot of different areas and am usually really interested in learning something new but when people come across in a rude/condescending/superior way it irritates me to the core and makes me want to rebel to what they have said.
Another thing, I used to think I could be in management or maybe a good supervisor in my field and in some ways I still feel like I could but what I hate is all the "red tape" so to speak. I know there are things that have to be done (paperwork, etc., having things the way they are supposed to be because someone says they are supposed to be that way, policies, you name it). I get that you have to follow all the rules and regulations but I hate the panic about it. I am not a very detailed person so people who are irritate me because my mind does not work that way. I feel like if you do your job and do it well than why all the uproar? Everything should be in order if it is done correctly in the first place. I think the panic that you create for everyone only makes them more nervous that they have not done their job right or may even make the mess up more because they are so stressed out. I wish people would just relax a little bit and be a little more easy going and pleasant.
(I know this post is very general but you get the point without giving too much detail)
No comments:
Post a Comment