Sunday, January 4, 2009
Nash is a blessing
Today at church our pastor talked about our blessings in 2008. We were all given a strip of paper and we had to write down a blessing we received in 2008. Of course, I wrote Nash's name and his birth date. Then after the offering he had all that wrote something down to bring it to the offering plate as a sign of giving it back to God. My eyes teared up immediately as I carried Nash with our piece of paper to the offering plate. What a concept. I knew from the very beginning that God gave me Nash. I believe 100% that he not only allowed me to get pregnant or let me have a baby, He wanted me to have this baby. I have a good friend who is like a second mom who always says Nash is not yours he is just loaned to you from God, he is His. One hand that statement is such a relief. I know that God can provide for him and meet his needs more than I ever could. On the other hand that means I don't have a much control over him and his life as I think I have. It would scare me to death if something happened to him or if he was in any danger in any way and I could not do anything about it. Right now, for the most part I meet most of his needs (through God's grace) but there will be a day and times in his life I can't. Times like these I think "wow what did I get myself into". All my heart and love is wrapped up into this little boy and he's not mine. He's God's. I just have to be the mom God would have me to be and trust in Him for wisdom and to take care of my little man. I also have always prayed that Nash would have a heart for God and follow after him. I am thankful for this blessing and have to trust in God that He will take care of him and show me how to do my part. What a blessing and a huge responsibility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It makes you sense a little of what Abraham was feeling when he was on his way to sacrific his son.GOD will be faithful to show you what Nash needs you to be for him.You are already doing an outstanding job. Nash,like all of us,will one day realize a need he has that no one can fill (not even his dear mommy)except for Christ.I began praying for his salvation from the time you first told us of your pregnancy, and I pray for that every morning when I awake,and Mitch and I pray for that every night before we go to sleep,and will continue to until the day we say that prayer request fulfilled.Nash is such a sweet baby that is so filled with love for everyone.He is a joy to watch and I am so thankful that GOD let him be my grandson. I love you all three so very much babygirl,and I am so proud of you.
Post a Comment