Monday, October 13, 2008

The weekend

Last weekend was nice. Friday night, Chris and I had a "date night". It was our first in a couple of months. We went to the Imax and saw Eagle Eye. It was the first time I have been to the Imax part. The movie was action packed. The screen at the Imax is huge and the sound system is really loud. We sat about three or four rolls from the top and I still felt like I could not see anything. When the fast actions scenes are taken place, you feel like you can't see it all and you are right in the middle of it. Next time we will probably sit on the last roll.

It was nice to get out of the house and do something together. When we were dating we went to the movies a lot. We had a good time. On the way home it was only like 9 but it felt like midnight because I have not had much sleep and have not been out in a while. Another weird thing that happened, was on the way home I was driving all crazy and felt like I was drunk (never been drunk in my life). I was explaining to Chris how I felt and that I the oncoming lights were blinding me as he noticed I was driving weird. He said "it is called night blindness". I got my out my glasses that I never wear and then was fine. Weird. I think that maybe pregnancy messed with my eye sight.

Saturday was nice too. I love Saturday's. They have become my favorite day of the week. I love them because I am a home body. I like to be at home especially our new home with my family. I stayed in PJ's and slept some while Nash was taking his morning nap, where normally I would be on my way to work. I did some cleaning which always makes me feel good. I don't know that is that I like cleaning or that I like the result. I dusted, vacuumed the carpet, and tile. I can't stand to see my coffee table or other furniture with dust on it. Makes me feel dirty. I love my carpet freshly vacuumed. I am not a neat freak. I probably could have and should have done more but what I did made me feel good. My husband is a big Rock Band fan. He was upstairs playing and wanted me and Nash to come. So he got me to play the base guitar (which is the easiest). I had Nash in my lap and we played the guitar together. He liked the colors on the screen and holding onto the guitar while I played it. I did good on the easy setting using three buttons and did one good time on medium using four buttons. The next song on medium I failed miserably and gave up. Those games are meant for people with small hands. I can barley have my fingers on the three keys and can't make them go on all four.

BIG NEWS: MY HUSBAND CHANGED HIS FIRST DIAPER. I know what your thinking our baby is four months and he just changed his first diaper and Yes you are correct but I could not be happier. It was only a pee diaper but we are still very proud of this accomplishment. It brings peace of mind if he needed to change him while I was gone or was busy he could. I think in a way he is proud of himself too. Now he knows it is not so bad and he is fully capable. We won't even get into Nash's new awful cereal dirty diapers. Even I did not want to change it!

I went to the store which I much prefer to do on Saturday afternoons than Sunday. I like like to get it out of the way and it is not so crowded. We did watch some football which I really do like college football and another reason I like Saturdays so much. Another reason, naps with Nash. I take him to our bed when he is tired and we lay down together. It is the best sleep I get and it is so sweet to watch him sleep.

Sunday was good too. Church was good. I enjoyed the sermon and I always feel challenged to do better in certain areas. We are in our new building. We had some visitors which is always good to see. I've decided to take Nash in the service for the singing because he likes music and that way he gets exposed to it more. He did enjoy it. He stood up on my lap watching. We had some really good special music. Then he got sleepy about the time for the sermon so I put him down in the nursery bed and he slept through the rest. People at church just eat Nash up. One lady kind of scares Chris and I. We know if he ever comes up missing, she will be the first person we look for. He is the only baby at church. Everyone talks about how cute he his, how big he is getting, and I get "what are you feeding him" or "he doesn't miss a meal" all the time. As you can see from his pictures he is a big healthy boy!

After church we ate at my mom's house. The food was good. She let their dog out. A 70lb 7 month old Golden Retriever. He is the biggest puppy I have ever seen. Nash was tired so he was not so crazy about him. I was playing mother hen because one paw on him would have really hurt him. However, my husband LOVED him. He bear hugged him, played with him, let him lick his face. He was a like a little boy with a new puppy. I did not think I was going to get him to leave. It just reminded me of one of the things I LOVE about my husband. He is so much fun and has a kid like heart sometimes!

So all and all a good weekend. A coworker of mine sings that song "living for the weekend" and in my case it seems so true!

No comments: