Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bath time surprise

Nash gets his bath is the infant bathtub with the hammock in it still because I feel safer doing it that way. Last night, I had him in the hammock while I was pouring the water in. I smelled something awful. His poots lately smell like the real deal so much so I check his diaper a million times but there is nothing in there. So, I assumed that is what I smelled because I did not see anything at that point. Then there were things floating in the water and a green pile between his legs and in the hammock. I have heard other's stories of their kids pooping in the bath tub but this was my first and (got my fingers crossed) only experience. He gave me no warning. One minute he was fine laying in the tub and the next minute I had a big mess to clean up. Dad was about to leave to go to a thing at school so I had him give me a bunch of paper towels. Dad just looked and laughed basically saying "good luck with that". It ,needless to say, was a mess getting him out of the tub, cleaning up the tub, and then still having to give him a bath. O the joys of motherhood!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ew. I would say "That's hilarious," but then I remember that that's what I have to look forward to! Here's my poop-in-the-bathtub story: When I was little, maybe in kindergarten, I was having a friend spend the night. We were in the bath tub, and she totally pooped in it. And she blamed it on me!!! AND my dad believed her! I felt so betrayed. And disgusted.

sdhorton said...

Now THAT is hilarious!