Thursday, October 30, 2008

Baby items that Nash and I love

It is amazing all the things they have for babies now to try to make parents and babies lives easier. So I thought I would write about the ones we use and like the most. I don't know how to do the fancy link to the actual item but if you want more details let me know.
The infant soothing swing was/is one of my favorite things. I often say it is where fussy boys go because when Nash would get tired and cranky, I could just put him in there and he would be out. The swing has different positions, settings, and all kinds of music. It also plugs in so you don't have to use a million batteries. There were times when he was a month or two old that he would sleep in there at night because it was so soothing for him.
Speaking of sleeping, I really liked the swaddle blankets with the velcro. I could not ever do it tight enough with blanket and Nash slept better swaddled.
Also, we have the monitor that you can touch the button on top and see him. This was recommeded by a friend and I am glad I have it. Nash's bedroom is at bascially the other end of the house. With the monitor, I have been able to have him in his bed at night from very early on. All I have to do is look at my monitor and I can see him. If I did not have it I don't think I would have been able to put him in his bed so early and keep him there.
The Rainforrest Bouncy Seat is another good item to have. It makes the rainforrest sounds when the baby moves. The waterfall lights up and the animals move up and down. Nash likes to watch them and he sits up to grab the monkey and parrot to try to put it in his mouth. Also, it is where he eats his cereal and fruits and vegies.
The play gym is also neat. It has animals hanging down from the top that Nash likes to hit and at try to put them in his mouth. It also has music that plays when kicks his legs and he is able to do this purposfully. It has a mirror on it that Nash rolls over to see himself. It is also very protable and light weight.
The Bumbo Chair. Nash likes to sit up now and he can do it by himself but then he falls over. This chair lets him sit up without falling over and has been good for pictures.
We have the Chicco car set travel system. I like the looks of it and it is very convenient to get him from the car seat to the stroller becuase it attaches easy. The stroller is very easy to open and close. Also I like that the base has level in it so you can make sure he is in there right. My only complaint is how heavy the car seat is on it's own not to mention with my 16 pounder in it and the stroller does not have much room underneath to put things in. Also the car seat does not fit in the top of shoping carts easily which is kind dangerous anyways.
The Acquarium Bathtub is nice. I like the hammock that it has in it. Nash fit in there great when he was smaller and still does but I feel much safer with him in the hammock then not having that support. I have given him a bath in the sink and hated it. It felt very unsafe and he easily slid around. The bathtub has different stages you can use it with.
The Rainforrest Jumperoo is our new thing. He has just gotten to where he really enjoys it. He hits a all the different toys to make them move. We recently put a blanket under his feet because he was just touching his tippy toes. Now he is able to move and jump a lot better. He gets so worked up in it. It's fun to watch and keeps him occupied.
The bottle warmer is nice too. I bought the cheap brand at Wal-Mart and it works wonderfully. Before the bottle warmer, it was difficult running warm water over his frozen breast milk and getting it to the right tempature. This thing does it quik and is so much easier.
Lansinoh Breast Pump. I wanted the fancy Medela one but did not get it and then did not want to spend that amount of money on it without knowing how breast feeding was going to go. So, I bought this one. It is a double pump and is electric and is over $100 less than the Medela. I have not used the other one but I think mine is just fine. It does the job fine and I just put it in it's own bag. So I am happy with it.

2 comments:

DJ Walker said...

If you want to put links to stuff, all you need to do is find the website page that you want to link to (we'll use my website as an example).

Then whenever you want to link to that page, put in the following template

DJ's website

You would simply replace the url with the site you want to link to and the "DJ's website" with the text you want to display.

Here is a good reference
http://www.w3schools.com/HTML/html_links.asp

DJ Walker said...

well, my attempt to show the syntax failed. Use the link at the bottom of that last post, it shows how to do everything.