Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On a serious note:treat people with kindness

A combination of things have tugged at my heart this week hence this post. Sunday, Bro. Mark talked about how we should be an example of Christ everywhere we go and he qouted some statistic that I can't remember right not but basically most poeple you run across in a given day you will never see again. Then on KLove, they were talking about how we should treat others with kindness because you don't know what people are going through. In my job, I hear stories all the time of people who are suffering from all sorts of things (illness, tragedy, losing someone they care about, abuse, neglect, addictions, financial difficuties, not knowing where their next meal is coming from, etc.) It breaks my heart. I had someone tell me that they don't go to church because they don't have right kind of clothes or don't feel like they fit in. Once again, my heart breaks. I am saying this as much to you as I am myself. If someone is rude to you or cuts you off or gives you a dirty look as tempting as it is to get angry and say or do something back. You never know what they have going on in their life. Try to remember that and act out of love. I think that is what we were called to do and will be a greater example of Christ than anything else. Just our day to day actions that let others know that you care. I know because I see it all the time. There are a lot of people out their hurting. People that we run into in our communties. The least we can do is to be kind.

No comments: