My baby boy's first birthday is here (3:19 am June 10th)! I have been almost in shock or disbelief. Today I had such a busy day at work I barely had time to think about it but I took tomorrow off to celebrate with him and as soon as I got off I got excited about it. I mean full of excitement and ready to embrace it. Even at the end of my late night, I started telling a secretary at work Nash's birth story. You know the one your mom tells you every year on your birthday "This time so many years ago I was.....". Something about that feels good to relive it. Nash's birth experience was not the most pleasant and there are a lot of things I wish were different about it but it is what it is and it is my story and my experience so I don't look back on it with bad feelings. I look back on it as the day my son was brought into the world so that day and experience is very special to me and it is mine and I am sure when he is able to understand it on his future birthdays I will be telling him his birth story.
Lately I have realized how much of a mother hen I am when it comes to Nash. He is mine. I am super protective and if anyone crosses the line I will peck their eye out. (okay not really but you know what I am saying). I am filled with such emotion that is hard to put into words. What a wonderful, crazy, hard, rewarding, amazing experience it is to be a Nash's mom and I would not change it for anything.
Stay tunned................More birthday posts to come.
1 comment:
peck away lady! that's what mamas are for, right?! :)
Post a Comment