Monday, June 15, 2009

a day with dad

Today Nash had his first full day with just him and his dad. It's funny how it all came about. Sunday at church a couple asked Chris if now that he is out of school if he was keeping Nash some. He said "I don't think the grandmas would let me". I just laughed at him because I thought that was just his excuse. We talked about it later and he said that he would keep him sometime he basically just wasn't given the opportunity. Low and behold, the opportunity came about for today and he said "sure". So, I gave him the run down on what he had to do during the day and he was good with it. The only thing he was afraid of was the dirty diaper which he has yet to change but was willing to if it came up. (what choice did he have ,right?)
The day went good. I called and checked on him a few times. He commented that I was calling every 30 minutes but it was more like every couple of hours. I just did not want him to feel like he was alone if he needed to ask me something. Nash took one okay nap but not his usual two naps with one good nap in there. Chris did really good. They played and had a good time. I came home to a picked up house, laundry done, and a happy baby and husband. Could not ask for more. Nash was good to him in a way and did not have a dirty diaper for him to change. He's breaking him in easy. What was funny was when I came home he said he was starving and did not have a chance to eat today. So, now he knows how I feel some times.
All and all a good day and good times had by both Nash and Daddy.
Nash has not been feeling good today. He's coughing and has a runny nose but even with that it was a good day. I am hoping for a better night tonight then last night. He had like three good nights in a roll where he slept all night but last night he was up a lot and was not happy. I am going to try his allergy meds tonight and see if that helps.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Never changed a poopy diaper? In a year? You are a better woman than I am...I try to get Trevor to change as many as I can when he's around!

sdhorton said...

yeah i know. he doesn't know how good he has had it. he has a major phobia on the dirty diaper but i think once he does it. he would realize it is not so bad. no one really likes them. he's just very stuborn.