Wednesday, February 25, 2009
my tv shows
Since having Nash I have let some of MY shows go like Desperate Housewives, Brothers and Sisters, and The Biggest Loser. I have continued to watch the shows that Chris and I watch together (Lost, Scrubs, The Office) and we added a new one, the new Demetri Martin show. We normally dvr them and watch them together later. I used to dvr Housewives and Brothers and Sisters but they started to pile up from me not keeping up with them that I said forget it. I am not that sad about missing Desperate Housewives. I have not followed it from the beginning and it was kind of weird that they jumped in the future. I do miss brothers and sisters because I love Calista Flockhart. I like her and Rob Lowe together and they were supposed to be adopting. I also like the mom, Sally Field. Lost has been really good in my opinion. They are answering a lot of questions. You always learn something new and it keeps you wanting more. Scrubs is a little scattered and out of order but still funny. I think it is on it's way out though. The characters are getting older and there is not much story line left. The Office is always funny to me. I love Jim and Pam together and all the characters have funny qualities about them. Tonight, the Biggest Loser was on and I actually watched a whole episode. (If you have not seen it and do not want the details stop reading now). I fell back in love with the show. I love the emotion, hard work, and awesome results these contestants get. It's amazing. This guy who had been there 8 weeks lost 100 lbs! These people put tons of effort into it. They do it the right way. Learn healthy living habits. The work outs are TOUGH. I don't think I could do it. These people are carrying like 100 to close to two hundered pounds more than they need to and they are working their butts off (literally). It's an emotional show. A lot of people cry and talk about real issues. In my opinion most people (other than people who have genetic problems or medical issues) don't get that over weight over night and have other issues that stem their eating habits. No one likes to feel the way they feel. The closest thing I have been to their experience is being pregnant and I thought then how do people live that way. It's hard to do ordinary things (bending over, getting out of bed, tying my shoe, putting on clothes, just getting aroud). I remember trying to walk for exercise closer to the end of my pregnancy for exercise and felt like I was dying. This is what reality shows should be about. Real people, real issues, that inspire others to make healthier choices (not the crap you see on VH1). The only thing I don't like about the show is the way they eliminate. In my opinion to make it fair, whatever team has the lower percentage of weight lost that week the person on that team with the lowest weight loss that week should go home. I hate how they play the game to stay on and people who did awesome, like the guy I talked about who lost the 100lbs, has to go home. Not fair in my book. I wish I had someone to push me like that to work out. I would be a buff woman (a mini Julian, don't want to be as buff as her. She's a little too muscular for me). Without the pushing, I would not put forth the effort just like the people on the show didn't before they came. I am not commiting myself to watch it all the time but I would like to see it more. It's better if you watch it from the begining because you get to know the contestants. Also, part of me feels guilty. I should be exercising instead of watching a show about it. I did do floor exercises with Nash (he thought we were playing) because of the guilt. I am learning I am totally motivated by self-induced guilt! (not always good but can be. at least I did some crunches and leg lifts tonight)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment