Monday, February 2, 2009
Gymboree Review
Yesterday was my niece Gracie's second birthday. She had her party at Gymboree. I had never been there so I was excited about seeing what it was all about. As far as birthday parties for young kids go, I think it was fabulous! I liked several things about it. One, they only do birthday parties on Saturdays and Sundays. So, when you have your birthday party scheduled it is just your party going on then opposed to other places I have been where there are multiple parties going on a the same time and a lot of chaos. It is a big room that you take your shoes off and go into. They have a lot of mats on the floor, climbing things, and soft toys. The lady that led the birthday party was really good which I am sure makes a big difference. She had a good voice for kids and was cheerful and upbeat. So, my advice would be to ask for the party person to be someone who has been there a while like she has. Her name was Valerie if you are considering going there. She was really good. They sang songs, played with musical instruments, did an obstical course, played with a persecute, used their imaginations, did bubbles, and lots of fun hands on activities. All the kids seemed to have a great time. I think it is probably best for kids 5 and under. My 5 year old nephew had as much if not more fun than his sister, the birthday girl. Nash enjoyed the things he could do and watching the others. I even had him slide down one of the slides. He played with the musical instruments. I think it would be much more fun for him when he is more mobile like crawling and climbing on things even not necessary walking. I would have to say for a birthday party it would probably be best around the age of 2 to 4 even. I am definitely considering having one of Nash's there. They do have classes for babies of all ages where they do age appropriate things. They have a music class for kids his age as well. As they get a little older they have other fun active classes and art classes. So all and all a really neat place. Birthday parties are supposed to be what the kids enjoy doing and this place the kids seemed to have a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment