Thursday, February 5, 2009

skinny...I hate that word

I have been called skinny a few time recently and it really bothers me. I know some people may be thinking "yeah right" but I am serious. I have always been a small person which I have always gotten comments about it (I'm talking since Jr. High). My weight has not changed that much since that time either other than the 40lbs (yeah I said it) I gained when I was pregnant. Afterwards, my weight just kept going down. I am at a stand still now on my weight which is fine by me. I really don't want to be any smaller. I don't know if people just got used to seeing my chubby pregnant face or what but what really bothers me is when they say they can tell I am losing weight in my face. To me that does not sound attractive. I have real defined facial features (high cheek bones, jaw line, chin and nose) and I am hoping they are just not used to seeing those because when I was pregnant my face got a lot fuller. I really have not done anything to lose weight. I think it is just a combination of breastfeeding and I am so busy with my little guy and other household duties all the time that I don't lay around or snack a whole lot. Yeah, there are times when I probably don't eat a whole lot in a day because I am busy or doing something but I do eat when I am hungry and totally enjoy some junk food probably more than I should. After I got the comment today again by someone who has seen me a lot prepregnancy and pregnancy and told me she thought I looked smaller than I was before I was pregnant, I went and got a value meal from McDonald's and ate a chocolate chip cookie!

1 comment:

katandkarl said...

tee hee. after i quit bfing i went back up a pants size. oops. i was starving all the time while nursing...