Monday, February 23, 2009
all the attention
I am one that does not like to be center of attention. It makes me really uncomfortable. With a baby, it is hard to go anywhere without getting a lot of attention. Of course I am more okay with it because the attention is geared towards Nash and not me. Nash is quite the attention getter. He likes to jabber loudly, scream, clap his hands or wave at people. (not to mention he is a pretty cute little guy). As a friend of mine says "his face belongs on the tizube"(a catch phrase from the Martin show). However, you sometimes get unsolicited advice like you do when you are pregnant. (on that note: people should totally cater to pregnant women, watch what they say, and be kind. It's a rough emotional time and one that does not need added stress by how people treat them or what they say. It's amazing the rude and insensitive comments you get when your pregnant that are totally unsolicited but it's like people can't stop themselves) So it is similar to that when you have a baby in public. Like once I mentioned to someone somewhere how much Nash likes to watch tv. Then I get to hear how so and so does not allow their kid to watch tv. People also tend to compare stats on their kids. I do like to know about what other babies are doing and/or tell what is going on with Nash but not with a "my kids better than your kid" attitude that some people have. I just like to be informed and usually have a lot of questions and am open to new ideas. Of course, all parents think their kid is amazing. That's how it should be. I am totally buttcrazy in love with Nash. For example, this morning after spending 4 straight days with him. I teared up when I left him. I am fortunate to have the grandmas watch him while I am at work. I still call and check on him at least once a day sometimes more. Chris and I were somewhere and someone was talking about so and so (husband and wife) going out of town for the first time since having their baby without their baby. Quite frankly, I am not ready for that. I think I would not enjoy the time away because I would be thinking and wondering about him. I enjoy a date night every now and then when Chris and I go watch a movie and dinner but over night without him... I don't think so. I do share him. I let people hold him when we go somewhere or are around family. To me, it's still hard to be without him for forty hours a week so for the weekends I like to enjoy my time with him. Ideally I would love to work part time but that is not happening. So, Nash has a lot of my attention as well and probably will for years to come. He is my child and time flies so fast I like to soak in the time I do have with him. Probably when he hits the terrible two's I will be more ready to say "take him". We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
agreed. (on all of it. ha!)
i haven't left nate overnight yet either AND i admit he shares our bed sometimes and i love it.
being a working mama is tough stuff.
Post a Comment