Monday, February 16, 2009
a weaning update
Things are going pretty good and actually better on my end then I imagined. I nurse Nash when he wakes up and can go a whole work day without pumping which is nice. I nurse when I get home, feed him his supper, and then nurse him later. In that time he seems like he is not getting enough from all that and still wants a bottle usually between 4-6ozs which is what motivated me to start weaning him in the first place. This past weekend since I was trying to go the whole day without nursing I was giving him a bottle and he really did not take it as well as he does at night time and during the day with my mom and mom-in-law. I thought that was weird. There are time he wants to nurse rather than the bottle. I don't know if it is just habit or what. So, I don't think Nash is 100% on board. I guess the good news is I know on my end I can decrease slowly and it won't be painful. On Nash's end I know he is okay with the bottle and seems to want it sometimes but sill prefers to nurse sometimes too. So, I am just going to continue slowly and go with what is good for him. I have read that you can keep one feeding a day for a while so it may end up with us hanging on to one or two for a while until I know Nash is ready to stop completely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment