With Thanksgiving about a week away I thought I would write about some of the things I am Thankful for. I realize I have a lot to be thankful for and have been truly blessed.
First of all, my husband, I have no doubt in my mind that God put us together. He is such a fun, sweet, good, handsome man! I tear up just thinking about it. Most people that don't know him that well think he is quiet or shy but just be around him a little more or a little longer and you will soon see that this is not the case. He also has a good heart. He loves the Lord and is sensitive to other's needs. He is great with the kids he works with and they all LOVE him. I think he is doing what he has been called to do and is truly a blessing to the kids he teaches and coaches. He loves our son and is so proud of him. He is also very sensitive with him if he feels like he is upset or something is wrong.
Of course, I am thankful for Nash and can't imagine my life without him even though he has only been in it a short time. He is such a sweet boy. He loves his mommy. He is so fun and funny to me. I am thankful he is happy and healthy and it is just icing on the cake that he is so adoreable! He realy fulfills my life. I am thankful to be his mommy!
Family and friends are a blessing. As many of you know, my mom and mother-in-law keep Nash for me. I can't begin to tell you how much of a blessing that is to know he is with someone that loves him everyday and takes such good care of him. They even help me around the house! I am thankful that I have such good family and friends who love me and my family and are involved and supportive of us. Most people may not have the nicest things to say about their in-laws but mine have been great to me. I remember one of mine and Chris's first dates he came up to Fayetteville with his parents for an award his dad was getting and when I saw them for the first time since we had been dating they both hugged me and were very supportive of our relationship. That meant a lot to me and still does. I have wonderful family that I know would be there if I ever needed anything and that is good to know. I have friends that I have had from childhood that would do the same.
I am thankful to be in the field that I have always wanted to be in. I am glad to have the opportunity to help others. Looking back, I am amazed I have made it where I am now. I have been a driven person as far as my education but it was not me that did this. It was God! It's like He gave me the ability and the drive to get where I am now. It kind of amazes me because I was not really pushed in this direction, or had lots of opportunity or natural intelligence, odds are if you look back at my life objectively that I would not be colleged educated, with a Mater's Degree, and where I am at now. That's why I say "It's a God thing". I am thankful for my family that even though this was not their path, they were supportive of me in my education and proud of my accomplishments.
I am thankful for our wonderful home. Chris and I lived in a very small one bedroom apartment above my grandmother's house for 4 years (which I am also thankful for this opportunity). This allowed us to save money, pay off some things, and buy our lot. My father-in-law built us an amazing house and several peopled helped us out. We would not have ever been able to be in the house we are in now without everyone's help. We love our new home and it really does feel like "home" now and we are never moving!
Wow! It sure feels good to count your blessings! Hope everyone does the same and has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment