Monday, November 3, 2008

I Voted

Yes, I did it. I had so much anxiety about it I had to do it and get it over with. While this election has been exciting, I will be glad when it is done (one more day). I am getting tired of the adds, the news, the signs. It gets to be TOO MUCH. However, I did enjoy the process. It is somewhat exciting. I tried to go three different times and the wait was over an hour. So the last time I just stuck it out( 1 hour and 45mins.). I talked to people in line, saw people I haven't seen in a long time. It seems to be somewhat of an excitment in the air. I think this year people are voting more than they ever had and are more passionate then they have been in some time. People are waiting in long lines all day even for early voting for their voices to be heard. Afterwards, I felt better. More like an American and that I did my civil duty and right. I think it is also interesting that no one in line gets into a political argument. They were pleasent and going through the process like everyone else. The man next to me made me feel better though because he said the same thing that I said. He was not crazy about either one but wanted to vote. His reason is that he "wanted to be able to complain". I thought that was funny. I can breathe a little easier now. My part is over and it will be interesting to see how election day goes.

No comments: