Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Nash's clothes
Let me start out by acknowedging how crazy, obsessive, or whatever adjective you want to put there that I am. I know I definately think way too much about things. This was true before I had Nash and probably is 100 times worse since having another life I am responsible for. Nash fits in his 6-9 months clothes now. They aren't too big and they aren't small on him either. They fit good. However, some of his 3-6 he can fit in but don't fit him as good as his 6-9. So, it is time for me to go through his clothes again. (By the way, my husband makes fun of me for "organizing" Nash's things all the time). This is where the crazy comes in. It is a difficult task for me to do because of my crazy. I think "I don't want to put that up yet I really like that outfit"(even though he can't wear it any more), "he didn't get to wear that" or "he only wore that once". I also have the tendency to not try his bigger size on him yet because I think it is too big and then I wash it and he only wears it a few times. So I have gotten better about that and now like to try his bigger things on him. The last time I started putting things up I got really sad. To the point of tears in the eyes. Seeing his little newborn sleepers and stuff he wore in the hospital and how little it is and how big he has gotten. In fact,I had them in the box in his closet for the longest and finally had Chris take them to the attic which again made me sad. Chris doesn't get it. He thinks they are just clothes. Then I have kept EVERYTHING. I think should I be keeping EVERYTHING? What do I do with it? How long do I keep it for? I have thought of giving some things to people that are having babies or have a baby younger than Nash that I am not that attached to. Then I feel guilty about having all these clothes, some that he has not even worn when there are babies out there in need of clothes. The only practical reason I am keeping everything is IF we have another baby and IF it is a boy and IF it is born around the same time he could use them. I digress. So, I need to get myself together. Go through the clothes. Give some away and keep some. I guess later down the road IF we aren't using them and I feel better about getting rid of them then they could still go to someone that would be in need of them. I think my main issues is the strong attachment I have to Nash's little clothes and bigger issue is I am sad he is getting so big so fast. I want to hold on to him being a baby. See I told you I was crazy and obsessive and having Nash only makes it worse! Now you probably feel sorry for my husband but I am crazy and obsessive about him too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it's all 100% understandable. Maybe it's because obsessiveness is one of the things we have in common! I've already been planning on organizing all of the clothes we get for Baby Edwards into separate containers for the different age/size ranges. In fact, I daydream about this plan, because I think it's fabulous! As for holding onto clothes, I think there's a fair enough chance that you will be having another baby (and a 50% chance that it'll be another boy) that holding onto a good handful of those clothes is totally practical. Maybe you could pick out some of the outfits that you never put Nash in because they never felt "just right" for him, and give those away. And remember that, once you're definitely through having babies, you can donate all of the clothes that don't hold such sentimental attachments to them for you.
Post a Comment