Wednesday, November 12, 2008
He's getting so big!!!
I've been a little sad lately about how big Nash is getting. When I pick him up he feels so much heavier. He doesn't feel like a baby anymore. He was already 16lbs at 4 months. I used to be able to put him anywhere in his bed. Now when I put him in his bed, if I put him too close to the one side his feet hit his acqurium and too close to the other his moble is in the way. I usually nurse him and he falls asleep at night or he get fussy and I just give him his passy and cover him up with his blanket and he moans and grabs at his blanket until he falls asleep. Last night, I rocked him and charished it. I realized I am not going to be able to do this much longer and him feel anything like a baby. He already hangs off my lap when I rock him and feels big to still be nursing. It does not help that I am so little. It just makes me sad. I can tear up just thinking about it. On a brighter note, he did reach out for me this morning which brought tears to my eyes. Also when I come home, he grins at me real big like he his happy to see me. He gives me hugs and tries to eat my face. First thing in the morning or when I am nursing him, he just stops, looks at me and smiles and starts back. So sweet. I am not ready for him to be so big that he does want his momma anymore. I don't know that I can handle that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know exactly how you feel. Well sorta. Makenna is a lot smaller than Nash and I'm a lot bigger than you but I know the concept you are talking about. Makenna has changed so much since she was born. Although she isn't big to other people she is big to me. I also love it when she reaches out for me. That is something new for her lately and I cherish it too. I often sit in the rocker at night and think of how quickly those times are coming to an end. I'm about to cry right now. Must be a mom thing.
Surely it will be years and years before he doesn't "want his mama." Right? My sister's son, who is almost two, is still totally obsessed with being near her (and not in an unhealthy way). I imagine he'll be like that till he's at least like 10 or something...maybe it's just wishful thinking.
Yeah, I think it does last quite a bit longer or at least I'm hoping it does. I guess what I mean is when he does not want to be held and that sort of thing. Hopefully, he will be an momma's boy and will always want his mom!!!
Post a Comment