So I had a gift card for Victoria Secret's that I hadn't used and I thought I would look at their swimsuits. I have been wanting to get some new ones for this summer. They had all kinds as you can imagine. I saw some cute ones that are like the kind I like (the halter top and regular bottoms). I ordered two. When they came in and I tried them on I remembered why it's not a good idea to order from places like that.
Even though on the website the girl looked pretty well covered as you can be in a two piece that was not the case with me. I was falling out of the top and the bottom. I became puzzled by this. It was not the size because the thing fit and wasn't tight. It was how it was made. At first it was a big blow to my ego. I thought has motherhood really made me look that bad in a bathing suit. Not that I think I look fabulous in bathing suits but I should at least look semi-decent and my size actually fit me instead of looking like a fat man in a little suit. (seriously that was the first thing I thought of that and wondering how much my hips have actually spread since having Nash). I was also surprised by my response to trying on the absurdly small bathing suit. At first I did not have my thinking cap on and thought to myself "well maybe if I run every day, try to watch what I eat, and try to get more in shape then I would look better in it. I had that thought for a split second and then I thought "Nah, I am 5'2" and about 102lbs. I shouldn't have too work super hard to look semi-decent in a bathing suit". So I go back on the website and as I look closer. The girl in the picture may have been 100lbs (give or take) but she was probably 5'9" and 100 lbs. She also had a figure of a manikin (straight and hardly any curves). Then I realized only those girls look good in those bathing suits.
So, I am returning the itty bitty bathing suit and ordered a couple more from Old Navy that are a similar style and I think honestly will have more coverage and I don't have to have a super model body to be able to pull off. We'll see.
1 comment:
Oh, Shannon! Don't you know those models are actually paper dolls? I bet you look fab in a bikini, but that you're more modest than those paper dolls. And there's nothing wrong with that! I, on the other hand, will soon be ordering my second one-piece with the low boy-cut legs (like a 50s style suit).
Post a Comment