I don't have a good track record with plants. I have killed many plants that should have been easy to maintain from other people's standards. However, we were at Home Depot picking out Chris's new lawnmower and I saw these all inclusive kits for tomatoes and strawberries so I thought I would give it a shot. Ideally, I would love to have a small garden some day. We really don't have much room for a garden in our backyard so to make this plan even harder to achieve this would probably mean buying the lot next door which Chris and I dream of doing for a pool, more land, etc but hey you have to start somewhere right?
So, I am optimistic about the tomato (the tin) because I followed those instructions without a hitch but not so much with the strawberries. When I go to open the packet with the seeds, which was a very small packet with itty bitty seeds. I poor the seeds in my hand and they were so tiny that I put too many in one of the slots and not enough to go around to all of them. I think they are already doomed.
1 comment:
Something you could try (might not work, but it's probably worth a shot) would be, when the little strawberry seeds start to sprout (when they're, oh, about an inch tall or so), VERY CAREFULLY pull some from the spots where you put too many and VERY CAREFULLY replant them (you could use a toothpick to dig teeny little holes) in areas where nothing has come up. Be sure to gently water them once you've moved them.
Post a Comment