Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Our Chicago Trip

We stayed 2 nights at the Millennium Knickerbocker. It was pretty cool. The most modern hotel I have ever stayed at even though it was built in the 1920's. Chris picked it out and did a good job. It was neat place.







Chris and I flew out Sunday night to go to Chicago mainly to watch the White Sox play opening day (Monday) at US Cellular Field. We had a great time. The weather was wonderful. When we first got there it was even a bit hot with the sun shinning down on us and then got cloudy and nice.




the stadium



The World Series Monument






Chris and I at the game. He doesn't really like to take picture hence the silly face. We got there early to watch batting practice and to just look around. There was a foul ball hit to just a couple of rows in front of us. That was pretty cool.













Ball Game. White Sox win 6 to 0. We witnessed what ESPN is already calling the play of the season where Buerhle (the pitcher) went across the foul line to get a ball and then no look pitched it backwards between his legs to 1st base and got the out.






That night we walked the magnificent mile which is a mile of high end shops and just looked around. It was pretty cool.






An awesome Church building in the magnificent mile.









Me trying to guard Lebron James at the 3 story Nike Store.






We had a great time. I really like Chicago. It is definitely a big city and had that feel to it. I felt like such a "tourist" when we were figuring out the train system but we got it down pretty quick. I really liked it. You could go just about anywhere in the city on it. We also walked a bunch and there was a lot in walking distance. There was a Starbucks almost on every corner. You didn't see many overweight people there and I know why now. We walked a bunch but it was nice. I was thankful I brought my tennis shoes and not just my flip flops like I had thought about doing. I also liked that even though it is a big city everyone was very friendly and helpful. I would love in a few years to go back, stay longer, check out more sites, and take Nash to his first Sox game.










No comments: