Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tomorrow

So, tomorrow is mine and Chris's five year anniversary, first year anniversary of living in our home, AND THE FIRST TIME WE ARE LEAVING NASH. We are going away for a couple of nights which we need and I am excited about BUT I AM LEAVING NASH FOR THE FIRST TIME. I know he will be fine with my mom and mom-in-law and they are LOVING that they are getting to keep him over night. He STILL has not been sleeping good so maybe I will sleep good (if I am not too worried about him). I am also worried about my mom and mom-in-law with him getting up and how he will do if I am not there. Because when he has gotten up and Chris got him and he is fussy, he wants his mama! So, mom and mom-in-law be prepared for several calls and have your phones on you (please)! (I am hoping it goes better than I am expecting. I will let you know when I get home how we all did).
To top things off, my phone totally died today and when I took it to the at&t store I was told that I was not due for an upgrade for a month. So, I scrambled for an old phone to use in the mean time. (Thanks Pam and Kayla) I thought...... I can't go away without my phone even though my husband has his. I need to know I can call or be called if needed at any time.
Good news-our landscaping got started yesterday and should be done by this weekend. I will post pictures when I can. Oddly we got set up with a security system for our home tonight as well. That's another story but something I have been wanting.
We are reuniting with Nash on Saturday at the lake with my in-law's. It will be his first time at the lake and I always enjoy going so that will be a fun way to come back to him and it's a long weekend! So all and all a good thing but I have a little knot in my stomach and tears in my eyes so there's that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. A) I can't believe y'all have been married so long--you don't seem old enough! B) I'm impressed that you're going to spend a night away from Nash. I'm sure it'll be just as rewarding as it is difficult.

Also, I forgot to call you back. No worries about tomorrow--I'll just hang on to the clothes and dish until I can see you next. Y'all have a blast, and let's plan to get together sometime soon when you're back.

Big Fan of Trace,Gracie, and Nash said...

Shannon, everything is going to be just fine. Although I know that you have spent every night of your life with him since conception, and the seperation will be difficult on you. Don't worry, he is going to be just fine.You and Chris enjoy your anniversary, you'll still have some days with Nash before you have to go back to work.Thanks for letting him and Sadie spend the night with us.We're gonna have a great time. We love you guys, Mom