Yes I did survive and had a great time. Chris and I left out Thursday night to Hot Springs where we stayed at the Arlington for a "spa package" for two nights. (this was all the idea of my wonderful husband). We walked around the strip, shopped, visited the wax museum, Garvan Gardens, and did the mineral bath and massage. We got Nash a sock monkey named "Rufus" that Chris thought he had to have. We saw some interesting people. Even a man that looked just like Jacob from Lost. We both did a double take. We ate at some good places, a little Italian place that we happened upon and I don't remember the name of and the Pancake Shope. The bath experience was one I could probably write a whole post on itself. Long story short my modesty had to go out the window but it was very relaxing and we enjoyed it. I did survive and did much better than I thought. I did call several times but I do that when I am at work as well. I was able to relax and enjoy spending time with my husband. It felt like a second honeymoon and we both had a great time!
On Saturday, I could not wait to get to the lake to see my little man. When we got there he was asleep with his Poppy on the couch and I swear he looked like he was five years old! He looked like he had grown and changed so much. I grabbed him and when he woke up. It was like I never left. I was so afraid he would not come to me and be mad. I have seen some kids do that when their parents left. We just kind of hung out and relaxed at the lake. Nash got to see some friends of the family that had not seen him and we all had a good time. Nash got to take a ride in the Mule, swing on the Kinman's big swing, and eat waffles. The weather was not great and not much to do on the lake so we left today in the pouring down rain (I swear I was afraid for my and my family's life several times on the way home). We are glad to be home and missed our luxuries of home (our wonderful bed and shower). When Nash came home and saw his toys he got so excited like it was the first time he saw them. Sadie missed us too as he spent most of the time in my old bedroom at my mom's house and was excited to come home. Nash was happy to see him and tried his best to keep up with him as he ran around the house.
1 comment:
I am so glad you guys had such a good time. Please don't let it be another year before your little man gets to spend the night again. We enjoyed him SO much! I think you should leave him with us when you go to Florida for a week ;) (Like I can really see that happening) Can't wait to see Nash Wednesday! Give him a kiss for me.I love you babygirl, Always, Mom
Post a Comment