Thursday, May 7, 2009

Our Mother's Day Date

Nash getting his hand painted.


What a goofy face! He liked having his own paint brush.


Two goofy faces! But for some reason this picture is the only one I got of the two of them.














Nash and I met up with Kat and Nate to make pottery for my Mother's Day present from
Nash. I can't take credit for the idea even though I think it is a wonderful idea. My friend Amy told me about it. Nash got his hand painted and put his handprint on the plate and then I painted the rest. I also can't take credit for the cute designs. They have a book to give you some ideas. I am super proud of myself for doing it though and it looking decent because I have a very low self-confidence in my artistic ability and assumed I would need the lady to do it for me. Nash and Nate did really good and liked getting their hands painted which apparently is not the norm as Kat and I witnessed twin 13 month old girls crying big tears over it. They also played well togehter while the moms finished up the painting. So, the plates are left there for a week to be fired and obviously the colors will show up more and we had a great time together. It is something I would like to make a tradition out of.

No comments: