Lately, I feel like we have done our part in stimulating the economy. I would rather think of it that way then spending too much money. If you know me personally..I HATE to spend money. I typically WAY over think the purchase. If I do allow myself to go through with it and justify it, I have guilt about it afterwards.
I guess we started it off by purchasing our lap top, then planning a summer beach trip, getting our yard landscaped (which has not occurred yet due to all the rain and that makes me sad for a couple of reasons), then May is filled with events like Chris's birthday, Mother's Day, our anniversary (5 years by the way), my mother-in-law's birthday, and there is always graduations and wedding invites that we get. Then of course our big day in June (the 10th, Nash's birthday). We are not doing anything major just cake and ice cream at the house but I have splurged a little on cute plates, cups, napkins, invitations, thank you cards, and cute t-shirt that go with his Prince theme and since there is absolutely NO prince stuff in local stores but gobs of princess stuff (yes I have a problem with that) I had to buy it all online. I am surprised at how much stuff adds up to be. However, I totally justify this one because it is his FIRST birthday and I am sure future birthday parties at fun kids places are going to be pricey so really it isn't that bad. Only other thing in June I think of now is Father's Day and I have already actually started on it. July brings mine, my brother, and nephew's birthday. Throw in a couple of trips that my husband takes in the summer (not major trips but trips none the less). It all adds up.
Writing this all down is very anxiety producing for me. What I can say though is I am very proud of how well we have been able to save money. I am thankful to still have a job in which I can help provide for my family when so many are losing theirs (not by choice). I know we have been blessed in so many ways.
I realize that others may think nothing of my little list of things we are spending money on and others may think it's a lot like I do. What I don't understand is those that seem to spend money just to be spending it. They either have tons of it to spend or are just careless. I guess that is so totally opposite of me that I can't think that way. My splurge (that I feel guilty about afterwards if I do buy something for myself ) is hitting up sales at Old Navy that add up more than I would like to spend which I did recently by the way..
Wow! I think I have beat the dead horse long enough. I guess by me going on and on about this topic you can see of how big of an issue it is for me. What can I say, I am cheap, frugal, what ever you want to call it and I will admit it!
1 comment:
No, Shannon. I just think you are wise. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment