Let me start by giving some history with me and sleep. As long as I can remember I have always liked to sleep. As a child I would go to sleep before my bed time and enjoyed taking naps. I know that is odd. I did have those times of staying up late or all night at sleep overs or what have you but those were few and far between. Even at sleep overs, I would be the first to go to sleep. In fact, I remember one particular sleep over when whoever went to sleep first was going to "get it" and it was me. I got shaving cream on me, written on with magic markers, and toothpaste (which burned by the way).
The last week or so Nash has not been sleeping good. I can handle the waking up where I go rock him and he goes back to sleep but this is more than that. This is him not being happy about anything other than walking around. The last two nights we had to resort to putting a movie on because he would at least watch it and calm down. Thursday morning he woke up at 4:30 and stayed up. This morning he was up from 12:30 to 2:30, woke up at 3:45, and then again at 7:00. So, it's been rough. In fact last night my husband got up and walked around with him. I can count on one hand the amount of times Chris has gotten up with him and maybe have a finger or two left. In the beginning with me breastfeeding, I was the one getting up and he would sit with him in the morning while I took a nap. So, now he only gets up when Nash is screaming loud enough and long enough to wake him up.
Nash has never been a great sleeper and goes through spurts of good sleeping. In the beginning I remember praying for him to sleep longer. What's hard is that I can't comfort him now. I think he is teething and has not been feeling good. A friend and I used to joke about (and you new mom's probably can relate) in the beginning when you are getting up every two hours or more having the fleeting thought of ringing a neighbor's doorbell and leaving. Trust me, it's just a joke! It would be so much easier if I did not have to get up and work the next day like today. It's times like these I wished I lived in one of the countries that give mom's a year maternity leave. WOW! That would be nice. I remember early on when I was wanting Nash to start sleeping through the night people who had been through this already were telling me even when he does there will be other times that come up where he will go back to getting up again and that's where we are for now. Hopefully when he starts feeling better I will be getting some better sleep.
2 comments:
ugh! i am sorry friend. 12-30 to 230 - yikes. i am not looking forward to this stage!
Our little man can always spend the night with Grandma! You just leave him on my doorstep! :)
Post a Comment