Saturday, July 11, 2009

WHEW!....Sadie gave us a scare.

Sadie stayed at my mom's house while we were gone on vacation and he came home this morning. They told me that the last two nights he has had diarrhea, which is not like him. He usually only has that when he is nervous or goes somewhere new and then it gets out of his system. We went to a birthday party today and when we came back there it was on the floor. We were concerned even more concerned when we saw blood in it. So, I called the after hours vet line who said he needed to be brought in to get checked out. Concerned now led to scared. Sadie is 12 and I know that he does not have a lot of time left so when something out of the ordinary happens it frightens me beyond. I was thinking the worst like he has cancer and we are not going to be able to do surgery and we were going to have to put him down. Yep,that is what I was thinking. Dramatic, I know. Chris was scared too and has been a good dad to Sadie. He took him to the emergency hospital while I packed up Nash and dropped him off at Aunt Pam and Kayla's and then I speed over to the animal clinic in tears. This was a scarey and sad expereince in and off itself. When we were there, there was a family who had a terrible accident with their puppy and were having to have it put to sleep. The whole family including kids were balling. I felt terrible for them and did not want us to have to hear the same news. The only thing that made me feel better is that Sadie was not acting sick like the other dogs there. The doctor examined him and said that he did not see anything that alarmed him but could run more test. We just had these test done a month ago and he was fine so we decided to treat the symptoms. The doctor thought he probably had a parasite and gave Sadie a shot of antibotics and some other medications. We are hoping that this clears it up and that is all it is. We love our puppy and are thankful that we didn't get worse news.

1 comment:

Big Fan of Trace,Gracie, and Nash said...

I didn't want to tell you about Sadie being sick while you were in Florida because I knew it would put a damper on your vacation.Glad it wasn't anything more serious. Love you, Mom