I get that question a lot and no he's not. He's 13 months old and is not walking yet. Some times I think he is getting ready to and other times I think it's going to be a while. He does not really show any interest in it most of the time. The only time he likes it is when I am holding his hand and he will walk for a little while and smile but then sit down. It's like he feels like a big boy for a minute but then sits down because he knows he can go faster that way. He still prefers to crawl to whatever that is around him that he can stand up and hold on to and then he walks that way. He also has a push toy that he walks behind. I've tried where I have him stand up and just see if he will take a step to me. He has kind of done that but still much prefers to sit down. He is a super fast crawler and I think right now does not see the need to walk. He also is a little clumsy when he does walk. So who knows.
So there you go. I am glad that the doctor said he wasn't really expected to walk until 15 months old or I would be worried. It just weird to me that babies walk anywhere from 10 months to 15 months. That is a big time span. I guess if we get to 15 months and he is still not walking then I will worry about it then.
He is getting a lot braver in other areas. He has been able go down the stairs one stair at a time and he used to be scared to. Also, he tries to climbs in the bathtub by himself. Tonight, I was getting him undressed and ready for the bath tub. I turned around to do something and I looked back and saw him with his leg hiked up on the side of the bath tub trying to climb over.
1 comment:
yes, nate is no closer to walking than he was a few weeks ago. it doesn't bother me... that much. ha. i hate when people ask! i am like "he is pulling up and cruising and occasionally standing" but hasn't even ATTEMPTED a step. ah, well... i am trying not to worry, but sometimes it is hard!
Post a Comment