Exclaimer: the title of this post is both how I am feeling and what the post consist of, read at your own risk of getting the blahs!
The past week has been hard getting adjusted to being back home. I hated going back to work but I got back in the swing of things. I did end up buying a Betta fish that I named "Rocky" to make my office not so depressing for me. Plus I always wanted a fish for my office. Nash's sleep has been messed up. From one day to the next it is not the same. What is weird is on vacation he was kind of in a routine. He also has had a lot of dirty diapers (5 yesterday). I talking gross dirty diapers not that they all dirty diapers aren't gross but you know what I mean. I think he may be teething (which I have realized I blame on everything Nash does that I don't understand). He's been kind of cranky. Part of me thinks it is from teething and part of me thinks he's been clingy because he was with me all week on vacation. Probably a little of both. He is super sweet at times as well. He started kissing me all the time. On vacation he would just pull my head to him over and over and kiss me. What can I say, he loves his mommy. It seems so unnatural going back to work and leaving him 4 days a week again. I really hate it. I think I would get bored if I stayed home with him full time for a long period of time but I would like to have more time than I do have with him. What can you do though, right? Believe me I have looked into it and still would jump at the opportunity if it presented itself. Right now my 40 hour 4 day a week is the best thing I have been able to come up with.
Another thing he started doing on vacation which I hate is hitting himself on his head when he gets mad or frustrated. I tell him "no no" or "that is ugly" but he does not stop. I wondered where he got that from and he may have just started it on his own but then today as we were watching an ELMO video that he saw a hundred times on the Florida trip there is a part in it where these kids are trying to sing a song and dance at the same time and they mess up and say "don't" and hit themselves on the head. So I started wondering if he got it from there? Who knows?
This weekend has kind of been a laid back weekend. One I am super tired because Nash has been getting up early, even earlier than I have to get up on my work week. I did lay out some Friday and Nash played in his pool and water table. I am trying to maintain some kind of tan from Florida. Nash has a little tan himself. Probably not noticeable to everyone but I can tell. He has a little tan line around his shorts. I did get some things done around the house mainly the cleaning and a little organizing that I need to do but there's much more I could and need to get done. I'm sad to start another work week.
(Why couldn't I have been a teacher and had the summers off???)
No comments:
Post a Comment