Monday, March 9, 2009

random goings on

*Loving the warm weather-My mood is totally affected by the weather. I want to go, do and be barefoot. It doesn't help that I live on Wisteria Lane (at least one person at each house but ours does not work, people are out in their yards, playing with kids or somehow being active, and socializing)
*Amazed at how smart my little boy is and how much he learns and grows every day. He loves to dance when he hears music played especially his new jazz rabbit that plays the saxophone. His hair pretty much grew and got twice as thick over night. Tons of other examples of this.
*Chris and I "grilled out" for the first time the other night. A big accomplish since both of us have no experience with actually doing it ourselves. It was fun and we feel a little more confident that we can do it and will get better at it with more experience.
*Work was crazy in every sense of the word last week. Hoping for a less stressful week.
*Day Light Savings time has messed up Nash which was expected. Sunday he took a 3 hour nap and woke up during the night. Hoping to get adjusted soon. It always cracks me up that you hear adults who have had to have heard from the news and various other places of the upcoming time change but still forget and have their days messed up because of it.
*I'm sad over a friend of mine going through a difficult time that I can't even begin to imagine and one of my biggest fears. Puts my problems into perspective.
*I am equally happy and sad about planning Nash's first birthday party. I want it to be special because he is so special to me but sad that a year has almost gone by (crazy town).
*Coach's widow. Never heard that term until I married a coach. Basketball is over but it is right on to baseball which pretty much goes until the end of the school year. I am real independent and enjoy my alone time but really miss my husband sometimes too.
*Baths with Nash are surprisingly easier than I thought and more relaxing than I thought.
*I have enjoyed getting together with old friends lately. It is interesting how relationships and people change over the years but still somehow remain friends.
*Looking forward to my family summer beach vacation while a little nervous about the car ride.
*More than a little weirded out by my reoccurring dream where all the sudden I am very pregnant wondering how this happened when Nash was very planned and I have been religiously taking my birth control.
*Understanding more and more how undeservingly blessed I am.
*Proud of a friend of mine who battles with weight issues who is off to a good start all self-motivated.
*Amazed at how active my son is that he now practically runs in his walker and can't stand to get laid down for a diaper change out of fear of missing something but is so sweet and gentle with little babies.
*Elated at the look I get from Nash when I come home from work.
*Surprised in how well I have "trained" my husband in some areas and others totally haven't. Also realizing I need to take better to some of his "training" as well.
* Amazed that my husband's grandparents will be celebrating their 69th wedding anniversary this week.
* After watching a 2 hour Brothers and Sisters special episode, I'm back... emotionally hooked in.
*New favorite commercial -"Give me that Fillet-o-fish give me that fish".
*Very proud of myself for still breastfeeding twice at day at 9 months.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this list. I can't believe it's already time to be thinking about Nash's 1st birthday party! It's nice to see that, nine months into motherhood, the cares and concerns seem pretty reasonable...