Friday, March 13, 2009
9 month check up
This morning Nash had his 9 month check up. He weighed in at 20lbs and 3oz and grew 3 inches since his 6 month check up. Now he is 28 1/2 inches. Everything was good which I expected it to be. He has met all his milestones some a little early. She said that pointing is a 12 month skill obviously dealing with communication and he has been doing that for a couple of weeks now. His mom is a social worker so of course he is going to be able to communicate! He has been a little fussy these past few days, feeling warm, and has woke up in the middle of the night so I thought he was teething again. She confirmed this when she looked in his mouth with the light and saw teeth right at the gums. She said his top left looked like it was about to break through. His gums are filled with white spots. I got a chance to get a good look at his top gum later because I have been focusing on the bottom one and they look very swollen and he has to be in some pain over them. I really like his doctor. She is so personable, kind, and good with Nash. She is a mom herself and oozes it. Which, I love. At the nine month check up, there is a foot prick to test their blood for lead and anemia. So, we are waiting in the hallway before going into the lab and Nash has only a diaper on. He is clapping, pointing, bouncing, and talking getting the attention of everyone who is anywhere near us. Then it is the dreaded prick. I did not think it would be that bad since it is only a prick but I could not be more wrong. He cried like he did when he got his shots. Then they have to squeeze his little foot and get all the blood into the container. He cried like his feelings were hurt and I think that is what it was because when I was able to turn him around and hold him close he was fine. The test came back good. I am so thankful for a healthy, happy, sweet little boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
God has been so good to bless us with this precious angel.He is so adorable and the best natured baby I have ever seen.I'm so glad for the good report. And I am so proud of the mommy you are.
Post a Comment