2010 has not been kind to our family and it has kept going bad so I thought I would blog about it. What else can I do about it?
So, early on in January we find out that Chris's grandfather was not expected to make it much longer. He has been slowly going down hill for a while now. We weren't really surprised to hear this news but were very much so saddened about the reality that his time was near. He passed away in the middle of the month. There is no way for me to do this man justice on this blog on how great of a person he was but just to let you know he was a wonderful Christian man who impacted everyone he met and will be very much missed by his family and everyone that knew him.
So, last Tuesday was Pawpaw's funeral. It was sad day but also a happy day in that his service very much honored his memory and it was very evident what kind of man he was and how much he was loved. Then that Thursday I get word that my step-dad collapsed at work, had a low pulse, and low blood pressure. I left work headed to the hospital and we find out that he had a heart attack. He is young, early fifties. Heart disease runs in his family. We get the low down on what is going on with him and that basically he will need two stints put in. So, that happened today.
You know what else happened today? His mom, my grandmother who recently got remarried, was admitted to the hospital with chest pain. Turns out she had a heart attack too. I mean really? seriously? is this happening?
Also, the procedure that my step-dad had today didn't go as planned and long story short in the future he will have to have a open heart surgery to correct part of the problem. As you can tell I am still kind of in shock about the whole thing. (all of it). It hasn't had time to really set in. Don't know if blogging about it is the best idea but I am getting it out, sort of.
I have a peace about it. I know that God is my source of strength and I have been calling on him a lot lately. I realize more so how precious life is and how wonderful it is to have supportive family and friends. I know that I wouldn't be able to have the peace I have without God but also hoping that we don't have any more bad news for a while. I am hoping that this year improves and maybe it just will be a bad January and not a bad 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment