Sunday's in the Horton family means going to church. Going to church for Nash particularly means getting off schedule, having a taste of what daycare might be like in the nursery, and some times crying enough that the nursery workers will come get mommy to come get him.
We leave for church around 10:30 which is right around the time that Nash takes his nap most days when he is with me so not only is he tired, he is left in a nursery with workers that change week from week so he does not know them that well and a couple of other babies without his mommy whom he is really attached to these days. Today he fell asleep in the car on the way. I take him to the nursery and try to rock him to sleep. This didn't work so I just left to the church service and left him in the nursery where he cried (screamed) immediately when I left. I peeped in the window and they're motioning me to go ahead and go and they will take care of it. I was for sure they were going to come get me like they have before because they feel bad after a while if he is still crying. Thankfully our church is small enough that we know people well and they know us so I feel more comfortable with him in there. So, I go back to the church service expecting the whole time that I am going to be summoned. I enjoy our church. I like the music, praise and worship, and always feel challenged by the preaching. So, it is nice to actually be able to sit through a whole church service without worrying about how Nash is doing in the nursery which actually has not happened in a while. I was hoping that when I went back and got him that they would tell me he fell asleep like he did last time. This was not the report. Apparently he cried most of the time so one of the worker's husband came and got him and carried him to the "big kid class" (3 year olds I think) and apparently he liked being in there with the bigger kids. He even got a prize (a weird bug ring) for being so good. However when I came and got him out of the big class, he cried immediately as to say "why did you leave me? I was miserable the whole time and desperately need a nap ".
When we got home Nash took a 3 and half hour nap which he never does with me and I finally figured out why the past few Monday's my mom has told me he slept for 4 hours. It's because Sunday's mess him up. That was my "ah ha" moment for the day. Well while he was asleep I decided to sign up on face book. Why now? I don't really know. Other than several people for a long period have time asked me "are you on face book?" Nope. And didn't really care to. I always thought it was strange to just be talking to people that you have not seen in forever online. My thought was if you were good friends you would be friends with them in "real life". What pushed me to it more than anything probably was my best friend in high school and I met up last week and we haven't talked in forever and she has been on it for a while so I thought if I would have been on it maybe we would of stayed in touch more. I am still iffy about it and don't want to be "friends" with everyone I know on there. So we shall see how it goes.
Chris had his open house today at school. It's kind of exciting to start a new year for him with basketball and everything. He's the head coach of the Jr. Boys this year. I am happy and sad about it. I enjoy the fall, getting into a routine again, and going to basketball games but he is gone A LOT during basketball season which is super long since that is their main sport. I do enjoy some of the alone time but it also gets lonely. I don't particularly in enjoy making my husband's lunch every night when I come home from work (even though it's relatively easy. It's just one more thing to do every night before bed) and ironing his clothes (which isn't easy to me and I'm not particularly good at) but I do because I always have and probably always will. He doesn't know how good he has it! Right?
(see I think I will prefer the blog more than face book because when you listen to people all day about what is going on with them like I do sometimes you just want to say what's on your mind for a change)
1 comment:
yes, getting off the schedule SUCKS.
Post a Comment