On the way back from FL I found a devotional book in a gas station of all places that looked interesting. The title of it is "Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be" by Donna Partow. Most Christian women I know seek after that so I thought I would read it. I had been wanting to get a new devotional book because it helps me to stay focused.
What I liked about it right away was the author in the introduction talked about how growing up learning about the Proverbs 31 woman she thought that was an impossible goal until she met this woman on a mission trip of hers that exemplified the Proverbs 31 woman. Then she realized that it is an obtainable goal but not one that happens over night and is something that you work at daily.
The book is broken down into very practical sections like sleeping, eating, exercising, finances, organization, faith, family, etc. They all focus on the same theme for a week. She gives practical tips and suggestions to help in these areas and to "jump start" you into becoming better in the different areas.
I have really enjoyed it. I feel like I am a pretty balanced person and always have been. I have been a little adult most of my life. I was the responsible one. I was also considered the "good girl". Friends' parents always liked me and would say "oh your going with Shannon, okay". Which I think my personality helps me in some areas but a lot of the time I don't push myself enough to do better. I am often okay with just "good enough" and not what's best. So, I feel like I am doing decent in a lot of the areas the book but could always do better and in some I need more help than others.
This book gives a lot of specific involved tasks to do and I am not going to lie I have not followed it to the t partly because there is a lot to them and which kind of require you to be prepared for but I am putting the concepts into place and am thinking about going back through it once I am done and trying more of the suggestions. Her suggestions in it are a lot of what has worked for her so I think you can individualize it for what works for you. It is a 90 day guide and I am about half way through it. It also each week has a verse of the Proverbs 31 passage to memorize and I was doing really good at that and proud of myself because I have a difficult time memorizing but have not done so good the past couple of weeks. If you really wanted to follow this book and do everything it says it would be live changing. There is a lot to it. If you are a REAL organized person (Amy??) you would really like it. For now I am just trying to get the gist of it and probably will look back to it again.
So, I give it two thumbs up!
No comments:
Post a Comment