Thursday, April 16, 2009
rough night and day
Yesterday, I noticed when Nash woke up he was more stopped up than normal and when I gave him his cereal it was hard for him to eat because when he would take a bite with this mouth closed and he had trouble breathing out his nose. (this should have been my first clue). Then with my mom he only took one nap and started having a runny nose. (second clue). Last night was a big wake up call that something was wrong. He went to bed about 8:30 and woke up about 11:30 screaming. He has done that with teething but this was more than that. He cried something awful and couldn't be consoled. A long story short the Horton family did not get much sleep last night. We tried everything. Eventually at about 2:30 am I got him settled in his swing watching Word World where at some point he fell asleep probably a good hour later. Not for long though. At 5:45 he was up crying again. He sleep again from 6:30-8:30 this morning. During the night I was giving his medicine for his cough, congestion, runny nose and sneezing and had the humidifier out but nothing really help. So I called in due to lack of sleep and Nash needing to get to the doctor. He got in today and was given the diagnoses of Allergies which I was thinking might be the problem. Not a big surprise as his dad and I both have bad seasonal allergies. Chris's are worse than mine and he takes shots throughout the year. Mine are just in the spring time and are manageable with medication. I don't remember getting allergies until I was a teenager though. Anyways he was advised to take Claritin everyday. If that does not work, she gave me a prescription for Singular. She said his was really bad and I believe it because he has been extremely fussy and unable to sleep for long and that is not like him at all. I am hoping that this medication kicks in soon and he feels better and is able to sleep better tonight. This is by far the worst thing about being a parent is when they are sick. I feel so helpless. On another note, he weighed at the doctor today and is already a little over 22lbs (with his clothes on). I couldn't believe it because he was only 20lb 40zs last month. I guess all this crawling around and pulling up is building up some muscles. Good thing I went ahead and got the new car seat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
awww man that sucks. we had a night like that not too long ago... poor little babies. glad you got to spend the day with him.
Glad Nash and you had a better noght last night!
Post a Comment