Thursday, April 14, 2011

Utter Insanity

Well, I was going to write this post about how I started this new work out called Insanity that I was doing. If you don't know what that is, it's basically the hardest workout ever that you do for six days a week that progressively gets harder  for 60 days and you are supposed to have this awesome body that would probably take you a year to get working out normally. I was very interested in this for several reasons. One I have always wanted and awesome body (muscle wise) but my normal workouts weren't getting me anywhere close and I would kind of give up. I see advertisements all the time about take this pill or do this pretty easy exercise tape and you will have an awesome body in two weeks. Even though that sounds great and many people fall for it we obviously know this isn't realistic. However, working out super hard six days a week for 60 days I could see how that might work. So, I started it. I loved it. It was the hardest workout I ever have done. Sweat was pouring in the first 10 mins. I thought this is great. I am gonna stick this out because the big 3 0 is coming around the corner and how awesome would it be to be in the best shape of my life at  that big milestone in my life...
Well, another insanity insued that caught me by total surprise. I had completed my first week of insanity and was pumped about being able to stick it out and motivated to continue. I was full of energy and feeling great about myself. However, that month my charting of my cycle had been off as it had been consistently the same the last four months. I thought well maybe it's because I have been sick with bronchitis and I started this insane work out. When I was two or three days late I still was thinking it was the reasons stated above but thought I would take a pregnancy test to ease my mind. I get Nash to nap, pee on stick, let the dogs out, come back in to look at my negative pregnancy test and it was not negative it was indeed very much positive.
Yep. We are pregnant. I am still in shock but getting excited. I am very much so feeling it i.e. crampy, bloated, tired, nauseated, very sensitive to smells. The whole nine.
I wanted to wait to tell everyone until our first appointment but I figured with how I was feeling it would be pretty evident early and because I am feeling it constantly it is always on my mind. So we told Nash who was ecstatic. He has been wanting a baby sister that he named "Penny" for a long time. He wanted to hug the baby so he hugged my stomach. We let him call and tell our family that he was a "big brother".  I realize that it is still early on. I am only 5 weeks. I have a doctor's appointment scheduled for when I am 8 weeks to make sure everything is okay. I know there is a lot people who don't want to tell in case they miscarry and I do have that fear and know of several people who have miscarried early on. However, I figure even it that does happen I don't want to be alone in it and pretend that it didn't happen. So, here's is wishing and praying for the best.  God has blessed us with another member of our family and we greatly appreciate your prayers and support during this time.

3 comments:

Iris said...

i'm catching up on email and blogs while i have a moment to spare - i finally got melia down for a nap - i'm scarfing down some lunch - so i can take a nap myself - because i'm exhausted after feeding her through the night! praise God kekoa is at "school" with nash! congratulations on baby number 2!!! i'm so happy for you guys! looking forward to "starting all over again?" girl, it has been hard, i'll be honest. hey, if it's a girl, will you name her penny? i'll be praying for you! btw, thank you for the sweet outfit you gave melia! i sent a thank you card with kekoa today so i hope you get it.

sdhorton said...

We did get the card and if it's a girl her name will definitely not be Penny. I am really scared of starting all over again. Everyone I have talked to said it's tough but I guess we will get through it with help of family and friends. Still praying for you guys while your getting adjusted!

Anne Walker said...

Congratulations to all of you. We are so excited for y'all.
Love y'all!!