I have been very irritable lately. I think and hope it's the hormones going crazy and not me going crazy. Some days are worse than others. I had a talk with a friend of mine who is also pregnant and she told me some funny stories about her going off on people due to the pregnancy irritability/hormones. We laughed so a hard together and totally understood each other's situations. What's funny is as we were talking we agreed that the things we were getting irritable about were things that would probably irritate us anyways but since we have the hormones and all going on it just sends us over the edge. I notice physically just boiling inside and wanting to go off but I try my best to just not say anything because I know whatever I say is not going to come out nice and will probably just make things worse and that would make me even more mad.
Here are a couple of situations (that I feel I can post about because there are several others that I better not) that have made me irritated lately. The first one being our lovely puppy Rufus. I do really love Rufus. He's sweet and is like a lap dog. He is also very playful and fun. Not to mention, he's super cute. However, he is still not house broken and it is DRIVING ME CRAZY. Especially, when he's been outside all day and comes inside and poops or even worse pees. I don't know how long it takes them to get the going outside thing down but I am running out of patience. I know I don't work with him as hard as I should and I wish I would've crate trained from the beginning but didn't. So now I just keep him outside as much as I can when he is going to be unsupervised and take him out often when he is in.
The other thing is how Nash is with his toys. Ever since he could, he throws his toys. He has gotten some better with that as he has gotten older but still from time to time throws his toys and that DRIVES ME CRAZY. I tell him all the time to not throw his toys. I talked to him about taking care of his toys. He will do okay after I prompt him that first time but it's like I have to tell him it at least once everyday. I know at his age kids don't probably "value" their toys and may not get the concept of caring for them but I wish he would. He does have a lot of toys and I don't want him to be the bratty kid that thinks he can do whatever with his toys and he will get a new one. Tonight, he had his new fishing game on the floor playing with it and then went off and left it. When I saw it later, it had three fish missing from it. I don't know if the dogs took them somewhere or if he did and doesn't know where he put them but we haven't been able to find them anywhere. So, anyways I used my usual tactic after getting him to look for it. I lectured him about taking care of his toys so he can have them to play with later. If he acts like he doesn't care, I say "do you want me to give that game to another boy or girl who likes it and will take care of it?". (and by the way I totally would and think it would teach him a good lesson real quick) Normally that works and he says "no" and says he will take care of it. Tonight he said "yeah. you give it away and I will go to Toys R US and get one". Nice. Of course I tell him that if he gets it taken away he won't get another one. Then he decides he doesn't want me to give it away.
I could post about many other things that have made me mad but one you don't want to hear them all and two probably not the best idea to put all my stuff out there but you get my point. Today is one of my irritable days so I getting some of it out, sort of. :)
1 comment:
No fun. You've probably already tried this (with the puppy), but if you haven't, you might try this:
When you get home, instead of letting him in right away, go outside with him and see if you can get him to go potty. Then, when he does, give him lots of praise for going potty outside. That should help him learn where the "right" place to go is. Hopefully...
Hope the irritability gets better soon!
Post a Comment