I have always had an issue with some conflict with my faith and my job. I realize this is mainly my issue. I know and believe God's word to be true but it was my perception that when some christian people talk about sin and people sinning to me it comes across is very condemning and not so much of understanding. I not saying this to justify sin but because of my line of work I know that people have some tough situations that a lot of us can't imagine. The things they have gone through and maybe that has led to addictions or other sin in their life as a way to cope. Not justifying it. It is what it is. I believe more Christians should have more empathy and be less condemning of sin. It isn't for us to judge but for God and it is only by the grace of God that we are not in similar situations. A lot of us just choose to sin because we want to not because something horrific has happened.
I have been doing the Beth Moore Study of Esther. I really like Beth Moore. She is very personable and down to earth. In one of her previous studies, she made the a comment about sin. She is open about her being sexually abused as a child and then as an adult or teenager her making some poor decision and giving into sin. She said that sin breads more sin (or something like that and that makes a lot of sense). Sin is sin but because she was sexually abused she tried to escape her pain and deal with things in a unhealthy and sinful way. It wasn't until she gave her life to God and surrendered herself completely that she was able to break free from some of her problems but only with God's help. She relies heavily on God's word to help her get through and grow as a Christian.
I have a client that if you name it it happened to them from birth until adulthood. Actually I have several of clients like that. They would give Job a good run for his money. As we were talking, the person was telling me horrific stories of several things that happened and I felt this evil presence in the room. I don't really get into different spirits and all that but I know there is spiritual warfare all around us. I don't experience this all the time so this was really disturbing to me. I had to pray to myself over and over until it lifted. This client is just wounded through and through. The person was not that I know of engaging in active sinning like I was telling you about Beth Moore's story but yet I felt an evil presence and it dawned on me the destructive power of sin. The Bible says that the devil comes to kill, steal, and destroy but that Jesus came so that we may have life and have it to the full. So, even though this person wasn't actively sinning. The sin of others greatly affected this person's life. I think God has a special place in his heart for people like that. He gives all humans the freewill to choose what we do but man do our choices really affect us and those around us and sometimes through generations unless the cycle is broken.
Okay. This post may not make any sense to any of the people that read it but it really spoke to me today. How God's word and his plan for our lives is there for a reason. He wants the best for us. Sin is so dangerous to us and others. I know I don't understand it all and never will. Just feel like I got a little glimpse today. I still have a lot of unanswered questions. Some I may never get answered and some I feel like my come to me over time but I have faith in God and know that he does have all the answers and that I don't have to have them just to put my trust and faith in him. The Bible says the least of those on Earth will be first in heaven and I believe that it is talking about those that in Earth had such a hard way to go that in heaven God will make it right. I think his heart breaks for those people who suffer due to man's sin just like mine does and more.
Wow! Sorry (not really) for the deep post. It was just on my heart today.
1 comment:
Loved reading the post. I have felt a heavy presence around people before.To the point that it made me afraid. I had to keep saying to myself over and over "greater is He who is in me than He who is in the world" and eventually that presence left. Our battle is not against flesh in blood, but rather principalties of darkness. I agree with your interpretation of the scripture. I have always felt that God will lift those up in eternity who have struggled in this life though no fault of their own.
Post a Comment