(This post was intended to have pics to go along with but due to having a virus on the main computer that I use with my pics and it being too difficult to do it another way I decided to do this post picture less)
The main reason Friday was a good day was I found my wedding ring (imagine a picture of my wedding band on my fineger inserted here) that had been missing for a week. I hadn't told many people that I was missing my ring because I was/am embarrassed about the reason I was "missing" it. Long story short, I vacuumed up my ring. Yep. That's right. To make it worse we have a central vac system in our house which means we plug our vacuum hose into these hose outlet things in our house and the dirt goes through all these pipes in our walls and then goes to a bucket in our coat closet.
It was last Friday when it dawn on me what I had done. We had a play date with Nate and Kat at Chuck E. Cheese and I disclosed to her what I had done because she too was "missing" her rings not too long ago partly due to her little one which mine was also partly to due to Nash. I thought that it had to be in the dirt container thing so when I went home I dug through this which was no easy chore. The container had not been emptied since we moved in to the house well over a year and a half ago. I dug through dirt, dog hair, and other various things that all together smelt like vomit several times without any luck. Then the horrifying thought set in that the ring had to be in the pipes in my wall. Theses pipes are not just straight the go up and around various things in the wall. I was beginning to think that I was not going get my ring out of the wall.
I prayed, cried, obsessed over my ring all week. My father in law installed our vacuum system so I thought I needed to tell my in-laws in case there was some magic trick or something you could do to get the ring out of the pipes. They weren't optimistic about it due the kind of pipes I had in the wall and how it was installed. So, we called the maker of the system to see if they had any ideas. I got a hold of this man who said he could come look at it and give it a shot. He didn't make any promises and said that it was $95 service charge just for coming out. Then he charged for whatever labor had to be done still without a guarantee that the ring would come out of the pipes.
Kat and Nate had come over this Friday for another play date at the house. The guy called on my cell phone and was telling me his charges and procedure and all of that. I had the fleeting thought and image in my head (don't ask me why I had not thought of this before) to look in the outlet. So, I went and picked up the cover and there sat my ring in a bunch of dirt and dog hair!!! I was amazed, shocked, and supa dupa excited! (I think Kat and I actually hugged and squealed like school girls).
I personally believe it was a God thing. Yes, I know that ring was sitting there all week but really how likely is that that it would just sit there and not be sucked up when that night that I heard the cling clang and something going through the vacuum hose that I thought was something completely different that Nash gets a hold of from time to time (not my ring that he had been playing with because it was hooked onto my watch and somehow came unhooked and landed in the carpet) and I proceeded to keep vacuuming the rest of my house which gave plenty more time for my ring to be sucked up into the pipes. If nothing else, I was saved a $95 service call for the man just to eventually look in the same place and say "is this your ring?".
Yeah, I feel like and idiot for several reasons. One, for even vacuuming up my ring in the first place. Two, for not stopping right when I heard the cling clang to figure out what it was. Three, for digging through tons of dirt several times before looking in the outlet. Four, for keeping the dirt just in case it was in there and I overlooked it the first few times. Five, (and this in the big one) for not looking into the outlet first.
Also, have some super cute pics of besties (Nash and Nate) playing basketball outside at the end of our road on the BIG goal. I swear those two can't get any cuter if they tried. May have to actually insert those pictures later on the ol blog once everything is up and running normally.
No comments:
Post a Comment