Monday, October 19, 2009

a sucker does wonders


So, this morning Nash wakes up with 102 fever and runs fever all day even with Motrin. I didn't really know what to think and didn't want to rush him to the doctor for him to get something else there. So I called and left a message for the nurse which turned out would be the only thing I could do because they were booked solid today and tomorrow. The nurse called me back and said that I needed to bring Nash in today. They were working him in because she was afraid he might have pneumonia since he just got over his viral infection and started get that sick so quickly. It scared me to say the least. We went to the doctor and they put him through the ringer; temp, weight, flu swab, chest x-rays, probing by the doctor, etc. Turns out he does have pneumonia. They had to give him a shot which he did real well with but he was SO ready to go. He kept pointing at the door and crying. We had to wait another 15 mins to wait and see if he had an allergic reaction to the shot. He had been crying for a good 30 mins to an hour previously just feeling bad and ready to stop being poked on and go home. Dr. Miers saw us in the hall and said "I normally don't give kids his age suckers but can he have one?" So at that point I said "whatever works". He tasted it and said "ummm" and kept licking it and smacking his lips. It was the happiest I had seen him all day. He actually got excited over it. His first sucker came at a good time.
He is not real fussy just wants to be held and be close to his momma. God love him. He has had it rough lately. I am so thankful that the nurse had us go ahead and come in. It could have gotten so much worse if it would have continued without being treated.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor babe! I'm so sorry he's been that sick. Sounds like he's being a trooper, though. I can't imagine how sad it must be for you to see him feeling so bad. I hope he gets better soon!

Big Fan of Trace,Gracie, and Nash said...

Got a feelin I'm gonna be a "sucker" when it comes to Nash! Thats ok,I believe the rule books say "grandma's are suppose to be "suckers" for their grandchildren". Anxious to get to see him tomorrow!