Saturday, October 17, 2009

Carving Our Pumpkin

So we decided to carve our pumpkin today. (thinking about possibly making it a family tradition) Chris and I did one (a KC Chiefs one) together a few years ago that turned out good. We were excited about it and eager to start it. As we were doing it and forgetting how uneasy it was we thought this may be a better idea than actually doing it.








A family affair. ( I promise I did help. I was just the one behind the camera). Nash did not have much to do with it. He just kind of watched us. (other than the first picture when he was trying to pick up the pumpkin calling it a "ball"). Sadie was licking the pumpkin and trying to eat the insides of it.











the outline









Nash did not make it long. He fell asleep about half way through but Chris and I are proud of how it turned out. Maybe Nash will be to when he wakes up and sees it lit.

2 comments:

katandkarl said...

hahahah i love nash sleeping. we carved ours TOO. but yours is much better - i went with the traditional stick a dull knife in the pumpkin and cut two triangle eyes and a big ole mouth! will post pictures soon.

sdhorton said...

thanks Kat! we were wishing we just did triangles when we got to the hard part. Look forward to seeing your pics. Did Nate like carving his "apple"?