I think it's about time for a pregnancy rant. One thing that really bothers me about this pregnancy is the lack of "excitement". I know I have posted about this before. So, I am not just saying the lack of excitement from others even though that does bother me. As I explained before it was hard for me to be excited and think about it as much as I did my first pregnancy because I already have one to focus my attention on. However, now that we know what we are having and have a named picked out, Griffin Fenix, and I am feeling movement on a regular basis when I am not extremely tired and overwhelmed I am getting very excited and not so much feeling that with others. I know this is normal for the second pregnancy so I am not mad at anyone or anything it's just how it is. It reminds me of the Scrubs episode when Carla and Turk are pregnant with their second baby and when people realize or already knew it was their second one they would just kind of write them off. However, people that they saw pregnant with their first child they would just go on and on about the baby and be super excited and Carla and Turk being excited kept seeing the difference people made and felt left out.
Another thing that bothers me and I remember it bothering my first pregnancy is people giving their two cents when it's not really needed or appreciated because it sounds awfully negative. I want to say I don't care how you feel about what this baby or what you want or what I should be doing or what the baby's name should be or if you don't like the name I picked. I am the one getting huge, hips and backs hurting, tired all the time, and am constantly considering what I am doing and trying the do the best thing for me and my baby because I am 100 percent aware every minute of every day that I am the one carrying this baby not you. The rule of if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it all should definitely apply more so with pregnant women.
With that said, I do have some very supportive people in my life that have been nothing but kind and supportive. I am so glad to be going through this at the same time with some close friends who are very understanding and supportive because they are going through it right along with me and friends who have recently gone through it or are just plan supportive. I am so excited about Griffin Fenix and part of me wants to get his room and everything ready and have him here in a few weeks because I can't wait to meet this sweet boy who is growing inside of me, making his presence known on a regular basis, and I know without of a shadow of a doubt that he was meant to be and God has a plan for his little life even in the womb. Recently, I read something that I already knew but totally hit me in a new way. It talked about God knew us and loved us from the very beginning and before we were ever even in the womb. What an amazing thought.
3 comments:
You are an amazing Mom and both of your sweet boys are lucky to have you! I am always here if you need to talk and by the way..I think his name is great! :)
i love how you end on the amazing and positive and i already love little griffin fenix (of course!)
Thanks ladies! both of you are great friends. :)
Post a Comment