Today, I had my monthly OB appointment. I am 16 weeks and 3 days. It was a good and funny visit. The good parts are my blood pressure is good, only gained a pound, baby's heartbeat is good, no swelling, and no problems.
The funny part was that I took Nash. It was my day off and I had him so I thought why not. He was excited to "see the baby's heartbeat". So they take me back and weigh me and send me to the bathroom to pee in a cup. Nash was at that point thirsty and wanting water. So I grab a cup out of the cabinet to pee in and Nash wanted one to put water in. The look on his face with I peed in the cup was priceless. He said "mommy, I don't want to drink pee. That's gross". Even though I told him that cup was for mommy to pee in so the doctor can check it to make sure everything is good. So I grabbed him a cup afterwards and since I had to write my name on my pee cup he wanted his name on his water cup so I did.
It took us a while to get in a room because they were busy. So Nash and I are sitting and waiting to go back. One cool thing is that the doctor who deliver me stopped and talked to us and I told him that he delievered me. Then Nash and I are play fighting. Nash says "let's punch mommy". So we did. Then Nash says real loud "Mommy I am gonna punch you out". The nurse comes around the corner and says "oh we have to be nice to our mommy" and then of course saw that we were playing.
We get back into the room and Nash commented on the stirrups. He said "what are those things for mommy". I just explained that they are for you to put your feet in and he was happy with that. Then the nurse practitioner came in. I had no complaints this time. Everything has been pretty good so we got to the heart beat. This time she found it immediately and it was loud. Nash just looked at her and looked back at me several times as we explained it was the baby's heartbeat. He seemed kind of in shock. Then after it was over and the the nurse was putting her things away. Nash says "mommy can we do it again".
He is so excited to be a big brother and loves his baby already.
2 comments:
how fun! so when do you find out what you're having? i was hoping to see it in this post!
Hopefully this week if the baby cooperates! I will make sure to announce it on the blog!
Post a Comment