Friday, July 15, 2011

It's a......

Today we found out what we are having.  It wasn't hard to tell in fact when we first started the ultra sound the lady said so you want to find out what you are having because it was right there in our face. It's a boy!


Nash was not too happy. He was expecting a girl and had been all along. He cried and said he didn't want a boy he wanted a girl. Actually it got to the point that it really hurt my feelings because I was sad that he was sad. However, he's coming around.  The baby waving at his big brother.

 The baby worshiping his creator in the womb. I prayed for Nash from day one and for this baby that he would know and love the Lord.
Our sweet little boy

So yeah I was caught completely off guard because I was expecting a little girl from the way I believed the baby was conceived as I had been charting. However, it was pleasant surprise to find out we are having another boy. I have always been kind of afraid of having a little girl. I am not a girlie girl and don't know if I could handle that. I guess in a way I was wanting one just to have something different. I thought of how awesome Nash is and didn't know how to wrap my head around having another boy that would compare to him. However, now that I know it's a boy I am excited. I will have two momma's boys and there will be lots of sports and fun stuff in our future.
As far as names go we are not entirely sure. I liked Griffin Lee from the start and so did Chris. Then Chris brought the idea of Fenix up. At first I said absolutely not. However as the name sat with me I kind of really like that now. Now Chris says maybe Griffin Fenix as he wants to be able to call the baby Griff. So we don't have set name for the baby but you can bet it will have some combination of Griffin, Fenix, and/or Lee in it.

2 comments:

Iris said...

congratulations on your baby boy! how awesome that nash will have a buddy for life! we will continue to pray for you and your family through this pregnancy and delivery!

sdhorton said...

Thanks! I am excited. Prayers are appreciated.