Chris and I went to Chicago for our annivesary. We enjoyed it so much last year that we wanted to go again and stay a little longer so that's what we did. We got there Friday afternoon. We had an amazing hotel. The Hyatt Regency which happens to be the largest Hyatt in the word. We were on the 30 floor. It had tons of stuff in it and was located in walking distance from a lot of things in Chicago. On Friday we did a boat tour which I have always wanted to do. It was cool. It was about an hour long and they explained the different buildings and the history of the city.
There was this weird dense fog that was only in certian places.
Then there were prefectly fine places like this. I tried to take a picture of this building which I believe is the tallest in Chicago and it wouldn't all fit in my picture.
The Sears Tower
Chris and I walked over to the Navy Peir which was close to where the boat tour was and rode on the ferris wheel which was huge. Unfortunately the fog was really bad in that area so we didn't see much but still had fun. (my husband doesn't like pictures so he either looks like he is mad in pictures or does an extremely goofy face)
I tried to take a picture looking down so you could see how high up we were even though we couldn't see out because all that was in front of us was a white cloud.
Then I thought about giving you a reference point. That small round thing at the bottom is one of those swings things in the park that swings you high in the air. This is how small it looked from the top of the ferris wheel.
And of course we went to two White Sox games. I figured since we were paying the high priced tickets like we did for opening day we could aford to to go two. The White Sox won both games against the Dodgers. Chris and I like to think we are good luck to the White Sox games as they won all three games that we have been two. They were exciting games with lots of homeruns and good plays.
The weather was crazy this trip. The first day the high was 70. We stopped in this store and a local man talked about having "summer like" weather today. Chris and I were freezing. That night it got down right cold. Saturday there was a 80% chance of rain but it was just a cloudy but cool nice day weatherwise and never rained on us. Sunday there was a 30% chance of rain. It was hot and sunny at the ball game but a good steady breeze so it was fine. By the end of the ballgame storm clouds game rolling in and by the time we got to the airport it was storming pretty bad. So much so that our flight kept getting delayed and finally canceled. Which ended us up in Chicago for another night and coming home Monday afternoon.
When we got home and saw Nash. I was showing him pictures from my camera and telling him about our trip. He looks at me and says "Mommy, Why I not go?" My heart sunk. Next time we go which will more likely be in two years instead of next year (you know because a baby is on it's way). I definatley want to take Nash to see all the cool things in Chicago and some we haven't been to yet. We love Chicago. A great place to visit. One I would not like to be at in the winter though.
No comments:
Post a Comment